Deadline is 5 pm on Friday, June 28, 2019
This permanent position reports to the Executive Director of Arts Etobicoke.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for planning, development and implementation of Arts Etobicoke’s branding and storytelling across all our programs and activities.
- Liaise with Executive Director, Staff and Board to create/maintain a communications strategy and budget with a strong brand and story
- Develop content for and manage all social media platforms; prompt response to direct messages across all platforms, cross-promotions and collaborations with other LASOs and other arts groups, maintain database of social media handles and all partners
- Create and distribute bi-weekly newsletter with staff input
- Develop and design print materials: annual report, Etobicoke Guardian insert (5 times per year), event & program collateral (catalogues, invitations, brochures, signage, etc.)
- Provide outreach support for programming department, at events such as community festivals, town halls, partners’ events, etc.
- Coordinate with Executive Director and web designer regarding website redesign
- Support programming and development staff in maintaining relationships with community partners for collaboration, funding, in-kind sponsorships and donations
- Coordinate photo and video documentation needs
- Coordinate with Executive Director on arts advocacy issues, including outreach with city staff and politicians
- Maintain organizational design and consistency throughout all e- and print material such as letterhead, business cards, e-signatures, promotional material
- Conduct relevant research and monitor trends regarding arts and communications
- Media relations: manage media lists, write press releases, coordinate media events, develop press kits, coordinate media requests, prepare speaking notes and act as the organization’s representative
- Post secondary degree in communications or related field or experience in communications
- Interest in and understanding of community arts
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities
- Experience with website development and content management
- Superior communications skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop an asset
- Excellent attention to detail, proofreading
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Superior team player, willing to support, cooperate and collaborate with Board, Staff and volunteers
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks and multiple deadlines
- Evening and weekend work is required periodically
SALARY: $42,000 - $45,000, based on experience TERM: Full time with benefits
SCHEDULE: Tuesday-Saturday, 9 am - 5 pm
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit cover letter and resume (PDF or Word document) BY EMAIL ONLY, to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention of Operations Manager, Arts Etobicoke. Please include the position in the subject line. Application deadline is 5 pm on Friday, June 28, 2019.
We thank everyone who applies for his or her interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential
Arts Etobicoke is an equal opportunity employer. We do not to discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
Arts Etobicoke is a charitable, not-for profit community arts organization and our mission is to provide equitable access to arts programming to all Etobians, regardless of economic or social status