Theatre of the Beat seeks a part-time Communications Manager (5-10 hours/week for $16/hour) to oversee communications and outreach.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Communications Manager is a vital member of the team and provides communication support to drive audience engagement and loyalty.
Established in 2011, Theatre of the Beat is a Canadian touring theatre company working to catalyze conversations on social justice and its intersection with the beliefs of the communities in which we find ourselves.
• Develop, implement, and manage comprehensive communications strategy for touring and educational projects
• Oversee aesthetic imaging and branding of artwork and organizational imaging alongside designers
• Curate and maintain content for website
• Initiate, foster, and maintain relationships with local, national, and international media; maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive media list
• Manage all media inquiries including interviews, media calls, etc.
• Manage social media accounts on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter by scheduling posts, curating content, engaging with audience, optimizing posts, and developing ad campaigns
• Engage and manage photographers, videographers, and designers as required
• Coordinate the production of e-newsletters, programs, and other publications
• Liaise with Education and Outreach Manager to solicit bookings for educational workshops
• Act as an example of Theatre of the Beat through all communications with venues, contractors, and employees
• Post-secondary education in communications, public relations, or marketing
• Minimum 1 year experience working in a performing arts environment or related field
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be organized and self-motivated
• Knowledge and understanding of the arts sector an asset
• Graphic design skills an asset
• Comfortable working flexible hours remotely, ideally located in Toronto or Kitchener-Waterloo
Submit cover letter & resume noting where you saw this posting to Laura McCallum, General Manager: email@example.com
DEADLINE: Friday, October 5 at 5:00pm
No phone calls/emails please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted by: Theatre of the Beat
For more information: http://theatreofthebeat.ca/