Type: permanent full-time
Start Date: June 2017
The Community Arts Officer is responsible for the management of TAC Community Arts programs, which include operating and project grants for organizations and collectives. In addition to program management, grants officers facilitate the work of TAC standing committees, contribute to policy development and strategies to support their program area, work with colleagues on Toronto Arts Foundation programs and provide information services and support to the arts community.
- Delivering and evaluating grant programs
- Managing and facilitating the peer assessment adjudication process
- Providing guidance and support to applicants
- Community outreach
- Attending performances and events which may include evenings and weekends
- knowledgeable about the developing field of community arts and the issues facing artists choosing community arts as a practice.
- demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of community outreach and consultation strategies.
- familiar with the range of communities that comprise the City of Toronto, including communities defined by geography, race, nationality and language
- experienced and knowledgeable in grant writing and public funding systems
- effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- excellent interpersonal, facilitation and consultative skills
- sound judgment, analytical and problem-solving abilities, and organizational skills
- proficient with Windows-based software (Word, Excel) and able to work collaboratively within a small office environment.
Conflict of Interest restrictions:
The successful candidate may not work in any paid or volunteer capacities with organizations and collectives that apply to or receive funding through TAC grants programs.
Toronto Arts Council is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in its employment. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.
Please submit cover letter and resume in a single PDF file by noon on May 5, 2017 by email only to Andrew Suri, Director, Grants Management firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify Community Arts Officer in the subject line.