Deadline: July 15, 2020
Since 2013 Clay and Paper Theatre has been working in partnership with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Training and Employment to provide paid, hands-on training, mentorship and work opportunities to emerging indigenous artists, performers, producers and arts administrators. This summer, we are providing an opportunity for 3 post-secondary Indigenous students to join our 2020 summer Apprenticeship program as “Community Engaged Artists/Educators,” from June 15th to September 11th.
About Your Role:
This summer’s Apprentices will work remotely and online to assist with the development and presentation of Clay and Paper Theatre’s Third Eye Virtual Community Festival of Animated Storytelling. This program centres on art-making and storytelling activities for communities through the creation of short, DIY (Do-It-Yourself) miniature paper theatre shows. You will:
- Assist with the creation of resources for community creators (e.g.short video tutorials, written or illustrated guides and examples)
- Help with the setup and facilitation of digital community and/or one-on-one community member workshops
- Remotely coach and attend community member building sessions and rehearsals
- Help community creators rehearse and prepare for the virtual festival
- Scheduling is variable and includes some Zoom workshops and online community rehearsal sessions in the evenings and on weekends.
About the Applicant:
- You are of Aboriginal, Métis or Inuit ancestry as per position funding requirements.
- To be a successful candidate, you must be eligible for and registered with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training (Aboriginal, Métis or Inuit, or Non-Status).
- You must also be returning to a post-secondary education program in fall of 2020
- You have experience and enjoy working directly with communities, e.g. children, seniors, youth, families
- You have experience or training in one or more of the following areas: visual arts, performing arts, digital arts or education
- You have strong communication skills & you enjoy & value working in a collaborative environment
- You are dependable, organized and a self-starter
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by July 15. Zoom or Skype interviews will be on a continuous, rolling basis i.e. As soon as we receive your resume we will try and schedule an interview in the next day or two. Also, please feel free to call us directly if you have any questions at 416-708-3332.
Posted by: Clay and Paper Theatre
For more information: https://clayandpapertheatre.org/work-with-us/