With the support from the Ontario Trillium Foundation, Shakespeare in Action seeks to hire a Community Outreach Coordinator for a one-year contract.
The successful candidate will be responsible for spearheading community outreach activities (for youth, adults, and seniors in northwest Toronto), building and tracking community relationships (with local schools, businesses, and organizations), and overseeing a research study that looks at the market for theatre and theatre education programs in northwest Toronto.
We also encourage applications from qualified individuals passionate about this position, who may not be able to commit to the full contract.
• The ideal candidate is an outgoing community leader, with a passion for arts education, community outreach, and Shakespeare
• Forges genuine relationships and has a sincere interest in listening to what community members want from theatre related programs
• has participated in community events, has community programming and/ education programming experience
• High level of initiative and ability to self-manage.
• Respect for diverse individuals and communities.
• Ability to establish effective and strong working relationships and trust with co-workers, community partners and volunteers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Sound judgment, analytical and problem-solving abilities, and organizational skills
• Ability to translate data and insight into actionable suggestions for SIA’s future programs in the community
• Flexibility regarding work hours is a requirement. Some working hours will take place on evenings and weekends.
• Experience inputting data in a CRM software (asset)
• Experience in or relationship with Weston, or northwest Toronto communities (asset)
• Experience in respectful practices for recording data and documenting conversations
Shakespeare in Action is dedicated to making Shakespeare fun and accessible across age, income, and cultural background. We are committed to maintaining a team that represents the diversity of our city, and the rich diversity of northwest Toronto, and we encourage applications from anyone and everyone with a passion for arts education and Shakespeare.
Please submit one pdf that includes a cover letter and resume, including two references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Community Outreach Coordinator” by Sunday October 28th, 2018.
Posted by: Shakespeare in Action
For more information: http://www.shakespeareinaction.org/