TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds in our home - TIFF Bell Lightbox.
Our mission: To transform the way people see the world, through film.
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.
We are currently hiring for the position of:
CONCESSIONS STAND LEAD
(part time, contract)
Reporting to the Manager, Visitor Experience, Sales, the Stand Lead is responsible for leadership of the non-restaurant food & beverage operations at TIFF Bell Lightbox to maximize revenues while promoting a superior Visitor Experience.
• Open and flexible availability, with an emphasis on weekends and evenings; must also be available to work on statutory holidays
• Must be available to work mornings, afternoons and evenings throughout 10 days of the September 2019 Festival
• Must hold an Ontario Smart Serve certificate
• Current Food Handling Certification an asset
• Flexible shift availability including weekends and holidays
• Strong cash handling and inventory management skills
• Previous experience at a serving, catering, restaurant or similar operation
• Strong communication and leadership capabilities
• Experience with TIFF Bell Lightbox Operations an asset
• Working knowledge of point of sales system, Excel and Gmail
• Prior supervisory or leadership experience an asset
• November 2018 – November 2019
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
• Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on Friday, November 2, 2018
• All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
• Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodations in our hiring process for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please inform us in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival
For more information: https://www.tiff.net/careers/