Would you like to play a meaningful role with North America’s leading classical repertory theatre?
At the Stratford Festival, we attract the world’s finest talent, offering a unique experience for staff, artists, and actors alike. If you would like to be a part of this exciting organization, we are looking for candidates to fill the role of...
Reporting to the Producer, you will be a key member of the Directors’ Office team. You will have overall responsibility for ensuring that the acting company and other creative staff are supported while working for the Stratford Festival. Duties will include:
• Arranging travel details, including coordinating with the Accommodations department and managing the budget for artist travel
• Managing medical appointments and assisting with insurance applications
• Maintaining the Festival’s relationships with a wide variety of medical and wellness providers
• Liaising with the Stage Management and Coaching teams to ensure that the Festival’s artists are supported through the season
• Coordinating orientation of visiting artists, including preparation of the Company Handbook and other duties as needed
• Liaising with CAEA in matters of membership and insurance
• Serving as a member of the health & safety committee, and promoting best practices
• Liaising with other departments to support special events, including promotional appearances, opening nights, etc.
• Must be proficient in budgetary preparation and management
• Attention to detail and strong administrative and communication skills are essential
• Supporting any touring activities, including travel and accommodation
• Various additional administrative duties relating to the acting company and creative personnel
We are seeking a dynamic individual who possesses proven leadership and has a passion for the theatre, combined with experience working with performing artists and the ability to multi-task and stay calm under pressure. A strong background in a theatre company, arts administration, or hospitality industry is strongly preferred. Successful candidates must be able to pass a background check including vulnerable sector.
This is a Full-Time Contract position. We are looking for the qualified candidate to begin in October. The person needs to be physically at the workplace and as such must be willing to commute or live nearby Stratford. Flexibility is mandatory for this position as hours will vary; however during the s
Posted by: Stratford Festival
For more information: http://www.stratfordfestival.ca