Deadline: Tuesday, December 31 at 12:00pm
Theatre of the Beat seeks an on-call Assistant Facilitator to facilitate three-hour long theatre workshops at Grand Valley Institution for Women. Reporting to the Lead Facilitator, the on-call Assistant Facilitator is a vital member of the team that provides additional facilitation support as needed.
Compensation is $18/hour for research and planning, and $20/hour for facilitation.
Established in 2011, Theatre of the Beat is a Canadian touring theatre company working to catalyze conversations on social justice and its intersection with the beliefs of the communities in which we find ourselves.
- Work alongside the Lead Facilitator to lead and supervise three-hour long workshops at Grand Valley Institute for Women
- Prepare and send detailed reports after each workshop to be compiled for research
- Minimum 2 years experience facilitating performing arts or educational workshops in a group setting
- Experience with marginalized communities (experience in the criminal justice system is an asset)
- Conflict resolution skills, active listening skills, and de-escalation techniques are crucial
- The professionalism, flexibility, patience and understanding of confidentiality that are required working within an institutional environment
- Available on Wednesday evenings
- Located in the Kitchener-Waterloo area or have access to a vehicle to travel to Kitchener
- Applicants of all races, ethnicities, sexualities, genders, and cultural backgrounds are welcome. Theatre of the Beat is striving for increased diversity in our facilitation team so individuals from minority groups are especially encouraged to apply.
No phone calls/emails please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information, visit www.theatreofthebeat.ca
DEADLINE: Tuesday, December 31 at 12:00pm
Submit resume and cover letter, noting where you saw this posting, to Laura McCallum, Artistic Producer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by: Theatre of the Beat
For more information: http://theatreofthebeat.ca/