Contract/Full-time/Film Office & Event Production
TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our aim is to become a creative community and global leader, and one of the world’s premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film.
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the position of:
COORDINATOR, FESTIVAL SECURITY
Reporting to the Festival Logistics Manager, the Festival Security Coordinator will administer and coordinate Festival security operations at designated Festival venues by implementing and coordinating security operations that adheres to best practices and safety for all TIFF stakeholders.
• Assist with updating Festival-wide security plan including staffing and equipment requirements
• Coordinate planning meetings with Festival security providers
• Coordinate and consult with internal teams and partners for security needs
• Coordinate security schedules and administer security budget
• Update security documents including emergency preparedness/response documents and deployment maps
• Minimum 3 years in event security planning and administration
• Experience working a large scale international event or festival an asset
• Experience working with or for security providers an asset
• Experience managing suppliers/providers
• Special event experience in a management or coordination capacity
• Experience creating safety and security documentation e.g. schedules, procedures, security plans, escalation documents
• Knowledge of local laws, bylaws, security environment an asset
• Experience managing budgets
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
● Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on Monday, April 16, 2018.
● All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
● Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival
For more information: https://www.tiff.net/careers/