Curriculum Consultant & Facilitator (Marketing Specialist)
Date Posted: Jan 04, 2021
Application Deadline: Jan 17, 2021
Start Date: Jan 29, 2021
Salary From: 15k To 20k
City: Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa
Employee Benefits: N/A
Organization's Field/Discipline: The Arts
Job's focus: Administrative
Job Type: Contract
Career Level: Doesn’t apply
WorkInCulture (WIC) is a nonprofit arts service organization with the mission to support the professional lives of artists, creative and cultural workers, and the organizations that support and engage them, through skills development, research, and career resources.
We serve individuals and organizations (both for profit and nonprofit) across all disciplines. We create and deliver training in a broad range of formats; we conduct research on the sector’s labour market and its training needs, gaps and priorities; we connect the community (e.g. our popular JobBoard connects employers with job-seekers) and we curate information on professional development resources offered by others (e.g. through our DiscoveryBoard).
WorkInCulture is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
WorkInCulture will work with local partners in Ottawa, Kingston, and Toronto, to deliver a marketing incubator series (combining both online resources and in-person training) for arts and heritage organizations to provide the tools, expertise and processes to create and implement a marketing strategy.
With support from WorkInCulture staff and project partners, the role will design the overall training framework and plan for both the online and in-person components of the training program. Specific duties will include the following:
- Consulting with regional stakeholders as part of the design process.
- Customizing training content and learning materials and developing any new content and materials relevant to engaging the target audience/participants
- Developing 3 workshops (orientation, mid-point and close out) to be delivered in each of the host cities of Ottawa, Kingston, and Toronto.
- Acting as lead instructor/facilitator for in-person workshops (subject to COVID-19 conditions)
- Creating and curating learning content for a series of 4 online toolkits on key marketing strategy concepts
- Developing a facilitation guide
- Providing input on areas of user experience and measurement in relation to the training components, and the overall evaluation of the program/project.
The role will work closely with members of the WorkInCulture team including reporting directly to WorkInCulture’s Program Manager and connecting with WorkInCulture’s Marketing and Communications Manager.
TIMELINES and FEE
This part-time contract will begin in January 2021 and continue until approximately June 2022 and will be approached in the following phases:
January 2021 – May/June 2021: Project Development Phase
June 2021 – February 2022: Program Announcement and Marketing Incubator Delivery Phase
- Delivery of Training over a 4-5 month period from approximately September/October 2021 – January/February 2022
March 2022 – June 2022: Training Evaluation and Refinement Phase
The total fee for this part-time contract role will be $19,200 and will be paid in instalments.
- Formal education and/or relevant experience in instructional design, curriculum design, or educational design
- Proven experience as a workshop instructor/facilitator for in-person and/or virtual training
- Knowledge of core marketing topics as they relate to the arts and culture sector and professional development for arts professionals working for arts and heritage organizations.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience developing and adapting content for eLearning modules/websites considered an asset
- Experience working in/with or familiarity with the creative communities in the host cities noted above considered an asset.
- Experience working in/with a non-profit arts context considered an asset
- Must be willing to travel for the in-person training delivery components
- Must be able to meet regularly during the program development, delivery, and evaluation phase either virtually or in-person when safe to do so.
- Must have access to own computer/laptop and phone
If applicable, WorkInCulture will also cover travel, accommodations, and per diem for the in-person training delivery based on a standardized rate schedule.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume detailing your relevant experience to email@example.com.
Please quote the job title in your email subject line: Curriculum Consultant & Facilitator (Marketing Specialist)
Optional: include up to 3 pieces of support material to further demonstrate why you are a great fit for the role (examples: link to a recording, lesson plan draft, testimonials)
Interviews will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19.
We thank you for your interest, but please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
original posting on WorkInCulture: