Deadline: 6:00 PM on Friday, February 14, 2020
Six-month contract, March 2 – August 31, 2020, based on $40K - $45K/annum. Possibility of extension beyond six months.
TDT is seeking a Development Manager to join the team. Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for contributing to activities related to generating private revenue. An excellent communicator, you will implement TDT’s development plan to increase private revenues from corporations, foundations and individuals. As part of a small team, the Development Manager will be required to take on administrative tasks in relation to the role.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Seeks out partnerships and funding opportunities for TDT’s annual activities
- Creates sponsorship and foundation packages for prospective and current donors
- Stewards relationships with individuals and organizations
- Manages donor benefits up to the Patron level, alongside the Communications Manager
- Researches individual prospects, foundations and corporations that align with TDT’s mission
- Coordinates direct mail campaigns
- Manages our CRM database in collaboration with other staff
- Attends performances and events, building relationships with our patrons and donors
- Leads special events including donor appreciation and cultivation events
- Works closely with the TDT team to coordinate front of house at TDT’s home, The Winchester Street Theatre.
With a passion for live performance, you have a few years of experience under your belt, ideally working within an arts organization or similar. You value relationship building with prospective and current stakeholders and you are driven to grow those relationships for mutual benefit. The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising, events management, community engagement or equivalent;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications with the ability to speak to a range of audiences;
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage projects effectively on schedule and on budget;
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office, knowledge with CRM databases an asset;
- Experience managing a small team of volunteers;
- Works independently while collaborating effectively with the larger team.
The role requires M-F 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM hours plus some evening and weekend work during the dance season.
Please send a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com no later than 6:00 PM on Friday, February 14, 2020.
Posted by: Toronto Dance Theatre
For more information: https://tdt.org/