Factory Theatre seeks a talented and creative development professional who will help take the company to the next level in its fundraising goals.
The Development Officer is a key member of a high-performing, collaborative administrative team. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Development, and working closely with board committees and other administrative staff, the Development Officer is responsible for the execution of fundraising projects and appeals within the full development portfolio as well as managing Factory’s pool of donors and prospects across all giving areas (corporate, individual and foundation).
This is a full-time, permanent position with a competitive compensation package.
Key areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Executing and reporting on giving including annual individual giving campaigns and collaborating with marketing staff on loyalty and prospecting donors for giving campaigns
- Working with marketing staff to create compelling stories around outreach, training, and new work development programs
- Production and distribution of material, including web content, for development programs and events
- Working with front of house staff to find opportunities for in-kind support from suppliers
- Producing major donor, foundation, and corporate stewardship reports
- Creation of corporate and foundation requests for support
- Assist in the creation of Factory’s annual report, case for support, and other development publications
- Contribute to strategic planning to maximize development revenue generation and develop materials to support agreed upon strategies
Other duties may be requested as necessary. Normal work hours are Monday – Friday, 9 – 6, with weekend and evening work occasionally required.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Understanding and familiarization with fundraising management software and/or box office systems;
- Exceptional interpersonal and oral/written communication skills;
- Superior proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite an asset;
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills;
- Proven skills and knowledge in donor relations;
- Knowledge of not-for-profit, and preferably arts-focussed fundraising practices and principles;
- Knowledge of CRA legislation regarding fundraising;
- Post-secondary degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience;
- Experience in fundraising, as a solicitor of individual contributions;
- Experience with concept development, planning and execution of annual campaigns and special events;
- A genuine appreciation for and understanding of theatre, a knowledge of Canadian theatre in particular is an asset.
Factory’s mission is to enthrall audiences with the imagination of Canadian playwrights and develop the next generation of intercultural theatre artists. Since its founding in 1970, Factory has committed to exclusively produce Canadian plays. Factory has made it an artistic priority to invest in, and showcase Canadian artists who bring their stories to our theatre in Toronto. This has made Factory the home of the Canadian playwright and for over four decades, developing and producing some of the finest theatrical works in our national canon and giving space to some of the most gifted and prolific playwrights in Canada.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: MONDAY, JULY 17 2017, @ 11:55 PM Applications
Please send resume with cover letter stating salary expectations in pdf format (please label the pdf with your name: SurnameFirstname.pdf) via email to: email@example.com with the subject line “Development Officer”. All applications will be treated in confidence. No telephone inquiries please. Factory Theatre is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in its employment practices and in all its work. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.