Deadline: June 1, 2019
Studio 180 Theatre is hiring a Development Officer. The Development Officer is responsible for overseeing the strategic development, execution, and evaluation of Studio 180 Theatre’s development and fundraising activities. This position is a full-time parental leave position from July 8, 2019 to April 6, 2020.
Now in its sixteenth season, Studio 180 Theatre is a Toronto-based independent company that ignites conversation through theatre. Our mission is to produce socially relevant theatre that provokes public discourse and promotes community engagement.
• Identify, qualify, new prospects (foundations, corporations and philanthropists)
• Create and execute plans to cultivate individual, corporate or foundation support
• Design and run an end-of-calendar year individual fundraising campaign
• Work with Board committees to design and implement fundraising event plans
• Work with Marketing Coordinator to create marketing/communication materials that are appropriate for foundations, corporations, individuals
• Update contacts, donations and communication info SUMAC
• Create and manage donor events from conception to execution, including the coordination of first readings, opening nights, closing parties, IN DEVELOPMENT readings, 180 READS, 180 WOMEN and any ancillary events
• Issue tax receipts (or business receipts) from donors and supporters
• Manage the fundraising budget
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
• Minimum 2-4 years’ work experience in a fundraising capacity within the non-profit arts sector OR undergraduate and/or post-graduate in Theatre, Arts Administration, or Fundraising
• Passion for the performing arts
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Comfort with phone calls, in-person meetings, SUMAC, Apple hardware, and Microsoft Office suite
• Experience with managing budgets and project management
Studio 180 Theatre is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Unfortunately, at this time Studio 180’s office space is not accessible by wheelchair. Access to the office is by three flights of stairs.
Apply by submitting a cover letter, two references, and resume in a single PDF file to Administrator Laura McCallum at email@example.com with subject heading “Development Officer.”
Application deadline: June 1, 2019
Posted by: Studio 180 Theatre
For more information: http://studio180theatre.com/