Young People’s Theatre (YPT) is Canada’s largest theatre for young audiences and currently produces and presents a nine play season with an audience of 85,000+.
Housed at a renovated, historical venue in Toronto, YPT works on a 458-seat Mainstage and a 115-seat Studio stage. Its annual operating budget is approximately $5 million. The work culture at YPT encourages ingenuity, team work, and an atmosphere of learning. YPT’s artistic policy focuses on arts and education – in fact, learning is at the centre of everything we do. YPT currently raises approximately $1.8 million annually for operations and is in the process of launching a major capital campaign. This position will report to the Director of Development.
Energetic and highly detail-oriented, the Development Officer will focus on individual and corporate donations and provide support to other portfolios in the Department, while effectively managing prospect lists and tracking the department’s donor cycle. The successful candidate will also coordinate the department’s stewardship and fundraising events in tandem with the Development Officer, Corporate Giving & Events. The Development Officer will be an excellent communicator and will bring direct experience in donor solicitation, event coordination and database management to this role, including previous experience working with volunteer committees.
• University degree/Fundraising Certificate.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in professional fundraising with a focus on donor solicitation, database management, and event coordination.
• Excellent writing and computer literacy skills.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work well with committee members and volunteers.
• Excellent project management, prioritization and time-management skills in order to balance competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines while driving to surpass goals.
• A knowledge and passion for the arts and arts education.
• Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Young People’s Theatre is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and strongly supports and values diversity in the workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply. Please submit your cover letter and resume, including salary expectations to: email@example.com by 5:00 pm Friday, October 12, 2018. Please quote Dev18
Posted by: Young People's Theatre
For more information: http://www.youngpeoplestheatre.ca