Contract, Part-time, Youth Learning
TIFF is dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema to film lovers in our home TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our aim is to become a creative community and global leader, and one of the world’s premiere organizations in the discovery and understanding of film.
TIFF, a vibrant not-for-profit arts organization, is hiring for the position of:
digiPlaySpace is a 9-week interactive exhibition showcasing artworks from established and emerging new media artists. Aimed at kids aged 3-13, digiPlaySpace seeks to empower kids through understanding, creativity, and play and to inspire and transform through artistic expression. For parents and educators, digiPlaySpace aims to endow adults with tools, concepts, and ideas that support the use of technology as a means of creative expression.
Reporting to the digiPlaySpace Coordinator, the digiPlaySpace Facilitator’s role is to provide guided experiences to visiting school groups and enhanced and engaging visitor experiences for public visitors to digiPlaySpace, supporting the learning outcomes of the exhibition and customer service principles as outlined by TIFF.
Responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
• Guide school groups through the exhibition, ensuring safety for all participants
• Liaise with Youth Learning staff to determine appropriate engagement with the exhibition, considering time, grade and experience
• Provide grade-appropriate links between the exhibition installations and the Ontario Curriculum.
• Explain to visitors how the projects work, guiding/helping them and assisting in trouble shooting
• Supervision of space to avoid theft, loss and avoidable breakage
• Assist the Youth Learning team with day-to-day set-up and any clean up in digiPlaySpace
• Other duties as required
CONTRACT DATES :
• February 12 to April 22, 2018
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
• Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on FRIDAY, JANUARY 12, 2018.
• All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
• Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival
For more information: https://www.tiff.net/