Deadline: May 30, 2021
Shadowland Theatre is looking for dynamic, creative people who are enthusiastic about outdoor, community-engaged theatre, puppetry, and multi-disciplinary arts for our summer programming.
Employment Period: July to early September. Full-time but flexible, may include some evenings and weekends.
You must be aged 18 to 30 and legally entitled to work in Canada, unfortunately temporary residents (such as international students) are not eligible under this program.
8 weeks at 35 hours/week, or equivalent. Pay rate: $16/hr.
Please note: Due to Covid-19 there may be some adjustment necessary to the schedule. We will ensure that our working conditions adhere to all safety protocols and government guidelines.
Remote work may be necessary although we are hoping to work primarily in-person.
We welcome a wide diversity of applicants, especially from members of Indigenous communities.
The Digital Media and Communications position will include publicity, social media, outreach, graphic design and documentation, and assisting Shadowland’s day-to-day operations. Depending on the candidate, the job may focus on digital technologies, video-editing, digital media and outreach.
- Optimistic attitude with passion for theatre, and community-engaged and visual arts
- Visual documentation, both in photography and videography an asset
- Graphic design, photo/video editing and digital marketing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (written, verbal, technical)
- Strong interest in marketing, arts administration, research and operations
- Proficiency and experience with social media
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and as an effective team member
- Preference given to students in design, arts marketing, communications, or administration
- Proficiency in Dropbox/Google Drive an asset
- Ability to engage with community members of all ages
- Sense of humour and enthusiasm to join in creative production tasks an asset
- Design and create (in collaboration with artistic team) digital content and campaigns that can engage audiences remotely
- Assist company General Manager and support Artistic Directors in company management
- Document projects, edit photos and videos, manage photo library
- Research and develop outreach strategies that invite community members to participate in workshops, productions, and events
- Design and update social media campaigns eg. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Prepare e-newsletter drafts, web content, and print marketing material, proofread content
- Assist with production: planning, scheduling, set up, strikes, safety, evaluation
- Set-up and maintain participant lists, release forms and schedules
- Assist with event planning, surveys and statistics gathering
- Participation in planning, and evaluation processes
Email your resume, cover letter and portfolio or other examples of your work to:
email@example.com by May 30, 2021.