Reporting to the Managing Director, the Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the theatre’s marketing and communications initiatives as outlined below.
The successful candidate will collaborate with all staff and artists engaged by the theatre.
- Working in partnership with the graphic designer to create the annual brochures and individual house programs, as well as all other print materials related to the theatre’s marketing and publicity.
- Planning, purchasing, scheduling, designing and executing the advertising plan for each individual show as well as for the overall season.
- Soliciting and stewarding partnerships with media sponsors.
- Creating and implementing all digital marketing and social media initiatives, including website management.
- Creating an overall communications and marketing calendar for the season. This includes regular eNewsletters, working with the Publicist to execute and oversee all free media for individual shows and the season, telemarketing campaigns, group sales initiatives, and special marketing events.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (predominantly InDesign and Photoshop), Microsoft Office Suite, Mailchimp/email software, and WordPress/basic HTML, with the ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Experience with social media management.
- Knowledge of Theatre Manager database system or other similar database(s).
- Solid understanding of Google Analytics and Adwords.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven ability to set priorities, take initiative to drive sales, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Excellent time-management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the not-for-profit arts environment and a keen interest in the contemporary Canadian theatre community.
- Ability to adjust the work schedule to accommodate evenings and/or weekends.
- Knowledge of PRG MBox or other media servers, a sense of humour and barbecuing skills are definite assets!
Deadline for applications is Wednesday, June 20, 2018.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume with references by email to Andrea Vagianos, Managing Director, Tarragon Theatre, email@example.com, 30 Bridgman Avenue, Toronto, ON M5R 1X3.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Tarragon Theatre, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted by: Tarragon Theatre
For more information: http://www.tarragontheatre.com/