The Operations department has an opportunity for an enthusiastic, resourceful team-player who thrives in a fast paced, hands-on environment in the role of “Director of Facilities.
The Director of Facilities reporting to the Vice President Operations will manage a multidisciplinary team of workers and develop venue policies, programs and administrative systems to ensure the delivery of high quality, timely and cost effective solutions to the three venues working making up Civic Theatre Toronto (CTT). The three performing arts complexes include seven theatres ranging in size from intimate to the largest in the country.
- Assist with all manner of budget tracking, analysis and forecasting related to facilities requirements;
- assist with the development of a companywide, prioritized Capital Asset Management Program,
- ensures efficient operation, cleaning and maintenance of all facilities,
- administers the supervision, planning, direction, evaluation and implementation of the Preventative Maintenance Program,
- effective management of a multidisciplinary team of union and non-union staff including recruitment, selection, matters related to labour relations issues, performance appraisal, training and professional development to ensure skilled and competent resources,
- prepares, monitors and reconciles an operating budget, and the capital project budgets as required,
- assists with the development of CTT’s health and safety policies and programs and takes the lead role in program execution,
- sits as the certified management member on CTT’s JHSC when required,
- oversees the preparation of specifications and contracts to carry out capital and operating projects.
- Over 10 years’ experience in facilities management or related field and 10 years’ experience successfully executing capital projects in excess of $2 million.
- FMP or CFM certification or similar education/training a strong asset
- Knowledge of physical plant and building and maintenance systems, ability to read floor plans, drawings and specifications
- Practical knowledge of employment, labour and health and safety laws and regulations
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume for confidential consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org. See website for full description
Posted by: Civic Theatres Toronto
For more information: http://www.sonycentre.ca/