Deadline January 22, 2019 at 4pm
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director, Performing Arts position is part of the senior management team of the LAC and will lead a performing arts team responsible for delivering LAC programming, as well as develop strong collaborative relationships within the Mississauga arts community, and oversee performing arts cultural community rentals.
PRIORITIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Performing Arts will:
• Curate and develop annual programming plans that support the artistic vision of the LAC and supports the mission and vision of the organization as detailed in the LAC Strategy Plans
• Assess information to determine type and style of programming desired by LAC customers by analyzing marketplace demographics, psychographics and customer needs.
• Execute artists’ contracts including negotiation of offers, terms, fees, and dates
• Manage a staff of contract and full time performing arts programmers and coordinators
• Chair or attend applicable internal and external meetings and committees on behalf of the LAC Advance and steward relationships with industry professionals, other venues, artists and agents, and other arts and culture organizations to develop opportunities for programming collaborations, partnerships and projects.
• Be available for weekend and evening work; some travel may be required
• Other duties and projects as assigned
The ideal candidate will:
• Hold an undergraduate or higher degree in the Arts or equivalent experience practicing in the field
• Be a creative and entrepreneurial arts professional with a minimum of five years of performing arts series and festivals programming experience and connectivity in the not-for-profit arts and culture industry
• Display exceptional verbal, written, negotiation, interpersonal and relation management skills
• Have a strong understanding of contract execution
• Demonstrate an understanding of regional market demographics
• Be a strategist and planner with broad business acumen
• Be highly organized with strong analytical, results-driven, and problem-solving skills
Qualified candidates should submit a detailed resume no later than January 22, 2019 at 4pm to The Living Arts Centre, attention: Human Resources, 4141 Living Arts Drive, Mississauga, ON L5B 4B8 or email@example.com. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted by: The Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
For more information: https://cdn.agilitycms.com/mississauga-living-arts-centre/documents/Director%20Performing%20Arts%20position.pdf