The Living Arts Centre is a not-for-profit, charitable organization that operates the premiere arts and culture facility located in the heart of Mississauga, Canada’s sixth largest city.
Dedicated to being a place for global engagement in the arts, the Centre houses a stunning landmark atrium, three presentation ready theatres, seven professional craft studios, and an attractive in-house restaurant and burgeoning catering operation.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director, Performing Arts position is part of the senior management team of the LAC and will lead a performing arts team responsible for delivering LAC programming as well as engender strong relationships within the Mississauga arts community and oversee performing arts community rentals.
The Director, Performing Arts will:
• Create annual programming plans and budgets for approval and operate within approved budgets
• Execute artists’ contracts including negotiation of offers, terms, fees, and dates
• Collaborate with other senior management regarding the marketing, promotion, funding, and presentation of performing arts programming
• Manage a staff of contract and full time performing arts programmers and coordinators
• Advance and steward relationships with industry professionals, other venues, artists and agents, and other arts and culture organizations to facilitate programming opportunities
• Represent the LAC at appropriate industry conferences, meetings, events and attend performances as required
• Seek and create new viable programming while improving existing ones
• Develop opportunities for programming collaborations, partnerships and projects
• Increase utilization of the LAC theatres by performance-based rental groups
• Chair or attend applicable internal and external meetings and committees on behalf of the LAC
• support the mission, vision, and values as well as other events, programs, and activities of the Living Arts Centre
• be available for weekend and evening work; some travel may be required
• Other duties and projects as assigned
For a complete job description please visit our website. Application is end of February 2018.
Posted by: Living Arts Centre
For more information: http://www.livingartscentre.ca/employment