Application deadline March 11th, 2019
Founded in 1991, SummerWorks Performance Festival is widely recognized as one of the most important platforms for launching new work– locally, nationally and internationally. Every August, SummerWorks hosts artists and projects interested in continuously re-imagining and innovating the possibilities of performance while insisting on accessibility, integrity, and professionalism. www.summerworks.ca.
SummerWorks is an 11-day curated Festival taking place in August each year featuring performances in dance, music, theatre and interdisciplinary forms. The Festival uses multiple venues across the West Queen West area, including theatres, studios, galleries and non-traditional locations such as alleyways, streetcars, libraries and parks.
We're looking for a Director of Production to join the team for 2019 and take the lead an all production elements of this multi-venue, multi-disciplinary Festival. The Director of Production will work with the Festival Producer and Artistic and Managing Director to ensure the smooth operation of the production department, and maintain oversight of all production and technical requirements for the Festival.
It is essential that the Director of Production has:
- 3 – 5 years production management experience in a Festival or event capacity.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and juggle competing demands.
- Technical knowledge of theatre.
- Experience of managing a large team.
- The ability to think creatively and propose innovative ways to solve problems.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to quickly form relationships.
- Experience in working on complex events.
- The ability to think big-picture while paying attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, or equivalent.
It is desirable that the Director of Production has:
- Knowledge of the goals and activities of SummerWorks.
- Ability to use CAD to create venue drawings.
- Have health and safety training with specific reference to event management.
- Be first aid certified.
- Familiarity with SummerWorks’ venues and operations.
- A desire to improve the systems and operations of Festivals.
- Experience working in site-specific or non-theatre locations.
- A valid driver’s license.
If you think you're interested in applying, please visit http://summerworks.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Director-of-Production-2019.pdf for the full details of the role, responsibilities attached to it and details of how to apply.
Posted by: Summerworks Performance Festival
For more information: https://www.summerworks.ca/jointheteam