Deadline: 5pm on TUESDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2019
Remuneration: $15 Hour
TIFF’s Docent Programme engages audiences in a meaningful and dynamic experience of our diverse programming through weekly volunteer-led facility tours, facilitated film talks, and more. It aims to deepen relationships between those engaging with our current programming (i.e. TIFF Members, school workshop participants), as well as develop new relationships through free public tours of the TIFF Bell Lightbox and Seniors’ Film Friday events. Our Seniors’ Film Fridays programme is a grant funded initiative that has established new partners within the community by hosting off-site and in-house screenings for local seniors’ organizations.
The Docent Programme Intern will support the Coordinator, Volunteer & Intern Resources with the implementation of the Docent Programme. This is a unique opportunity for those interested in adult education, community outreach, film, event planning, and arts administration to learn and gain practical work experience through a public engagement initiative at TIFF.
- Research film titles within the programme and build training resources for volunteer facilitators
- Assist with volunteer scheduling and training as required
- Assist with community outreach and relationship building to raise programme awareness among local seniors’ organizations
- Maintain relationships with current community partners through firstname.lastname@example.org email account
- Create and manage RSVP list for monthly events
- Provide onsite assistance at both onsite and offsite events
- Compile data on visitor feedback for reporting purposes
November 4, 2019 – December 20, 2019 (24 hours per week)
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Please submit a cover letter and resumé as one PDF or Word document, by 5pm on TUESDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2019
All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website tiff.net/careers.
Posted by: Toronto International Film Festival, Inc.
For more information: http://www.tiff.net/careers