Ismailova Theatre of Dance is looking for a dramaturge/acting coach for an upcoming full-length production on August 26, 27 and 28th in Toronto.
Orientation rehearsals - June 26th 2017, Monday evening, and August 5th, Sunday morning
Casting rehearsal: August 6, Sunday, morning
August 12-24th rehearsals, weekdays 10-3 pm, except Fridays. Weekends 12-5 pm. Shows: 26,27,28 (weekend at Scotiabank Studio Theatre and a Monday at Yorkwoods Library Theatre). All rehearsals at Differin and Finch, North York.
We are looking for a dramaturge/acting coach with experience in directing with a focus on physicality and movement, physical theatre.
The dramaturge/acting coach will need to:
1. facilitate ensemble creation of some scenes by the cast, introduce improvisation exercises
2. help integrate text into choreography material
3. facilitate group exercises that will help hone acting skills of the cast and, most importantly, create sense of a team, a safe space for cast members to experiment and co-create
4. watch prepared choreography material and provide feedback to performers on ways to infuse choreography with emotion, motivation
5. discuss the whole structure of the show with the choreographer before the start of the project, throughout the project and tie the created sections together to form a solid piece
6. be comfortable working with a diverse team of artists: cast members come from dance background, theatre background as well as various cultural backgrounds.
The dramaturge will be compensated with a flat-rate honorarium.
Please visit company's web-site to familiarize yourself with our work.
Apply by email describing your experience and why you are interested in the project. You are welcome to submit examples of your work if relevant, resume, artistic bio and contact information.
Posted by: Ismailova Theatre of Dance
For more information: http://ismtheatreofdance.blogspot.ca/p/gallery_6.html