Deadline: Feb 28, 2020
We are seeking a dynamic, motivated and outgoing Volunteer Coordinator for our 2020 tour and home season in Terrebonne (QC), Barrie, Hamilton and Toronto (ON) from July 6th to August 9th, 2020, to work closely with local volunteer coordinators at each location, as well as with the production teams, the Festival Director and the General Manager of Dusk Dances, to coordinate and manage festival volunteers in order to successfully carry out all Dusk Dances events.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. You are a passionate, not-for-profit arts leader. You work well in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about dance, or about the arts. You are self-motivated, self-directed, with strong skills as part of a team.
➢ Speaking both French and English fluently is a highly desirable attribute.
The Volunteer Coordinator must be available for preparations from April to June 2020 – the schedule and total amount of hours will be agreed upon (approx. 25 hours of prep work). The candidate must be full available for the tour and Withrow Park week in Toronto (see the schedule in requirements).
The ideal candidate would be an outgoing and dynamic Volunteer Coordinator with:
- A minimum of two years of proven experience working with volunteers, directly supervising staff, interns or co-op Students
- High proficiency of both English and French speaking and writing
- Ability to prioritize, respect deadlines and effectively manage multiple tasks
- Solid competence in planning and coordination
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff and individuals (or teams) within the organization and in the communities they work with
- Excellent communication skills (emails, in-person and telephone)
- Comfortable presenting to large groups in a personable and professional manner
- Able to work in a fast-paced, open-concept environment and adapting to frequently changing priorities
- Fully available for the touring schedule and adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
= July 6 to 12 in Terrebonne, QC
= July 14 to 19 in Barrie, ON
= July 21 to 26 in Hamilton, ON
= August 1 to 9 in Toronto, ON
Remuneration: $625 for preparatory work prior to the festival (up to 25 hours); $900 per week on tour (July 6th to 26th – 3 weeks); $1,200 for 9 days at Withrow Park (August 1st to 9th)
For more information, click here
Posted by: Dusk Dances
For more information: http://duskdances.ca