Deadline: March 21, 2019
Workman Arts seeks an energetic, self-motivated & highly organized individual to join our team in the role of Education Manager in a full time, permanent capacity. Under the general direction of the Executive Artistic Director & direct supervision of the Managing Director, the Education Manager is responsible for interdisciplinary professional training programs for member artists. Responsibilities include managing course registration & providing supervision and oversight to part-time instructors, volunteers & contractors. The Education Manager also coordinates education & outreach programs for Workman Arts public programming.
Core Competencies for Success:
- Knowledge of professional standards in instructing Fine & Performing Arts.
- Ability to determine the needs, interests & desires of the community related to Arts Education Programs
- Experience in program planning & implementation, arts education delivery & management
- Knowledge of evaluation & assessment tools and techniques & the ability to redefine and modify programs following the assessment of relevant data
- Ability to represent the Workman Arts Education & Training programs to the public & key stakeholders
- Ability to manage staff, volunteers & contractors to meet program goals.
- Degree in Arts Education, Arts Administration, Community Arts, Fine Arts or equivalent.
- Two years of progressive, professional field experience in an arts education environment.
About Workman Arts: Workman Arts is a multidisciplinary arts organization that promotes a greater understanding of mental health & addiction issues through creation & presentation. We support artists living with mental health & addiction issues through peer-to-peer arts education, public presentations& partnerships with the broader arts community.
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thu, March 21, 2019. Include a cover letter stating why you are interested in this position & a current CV. Please note: only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
Workman Arts has identified building a diverse workforce as a strategic priority & strongly encourages qualified applicants from diverse communities to apply and self-identify in their applications. We welcome & encourage applications from people with from people with disabilities; please note Workman Arts is in a temporary location that is not accessible. Accommodations available on request.
Posted by: Workman Arts
For more information: https://workmanarts.com/about/career-opportunities/