YPT is currently searching for a candidate to fill the role of Education Manager in the Education & Participation Department.
Reporting directly to the Education & Participation Administrative Director and the Associate Artistic Director, Education, the Education Manager’s key responsibilities will include:
• Development, execution and assessment of programming for schools, students and teachers.
• Recruitment of new YPT Member Schools and cultivation/maintenance of existing partnerships.
• Coordination and hosting of education events including Teacher & Community Previews, professional development, workshops for students and other events/programs for students and/or teachers including specialized programming and Artist Educators Training.
• Contributing to the creation and coordination of all post-performance Q&A sessions.
• Working closely with YPT Resident Artist Educators to plan in-school programming, book workshops and collect feedback.
• Contributing to the development of educational content for the YPT website, blog, marketing materials and inschool programming such as study guides.
• Coordinating the booking and invoicing of school workshops and other education programs.
• Ongoing program evaluation.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of three years experience in arts education within a professional theatre setting. A Bachelor of Education or equivalent would be an asset.
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Toronto and Toronto Catholic District School Boards.
• Knowledge of and experience with Toronto’s private schools.
• Proven ability to research, write and participate in public speaking.
• Organizational abilities; ability to prioritize.
• Capacity to collaborate and communicate effectively within the Education & Participation department and across YPT departments.
• Computer literacy and administrative proficiency are essential.
Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome, and people with disabilities and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email resumes and cover letters in one file to:
Subject line: Education Manager
Applications for consideration must be received by 5:00 pm, Friday, August 3, 2018
YPT thanks all who apply but will respond only to those selected for an interview.
Posted by: Young People's Theatre
For more information: https://www.youngpeoplestheatre.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Education-Manager-2018.pdf