Deadline: Monday, January 13, 2020
Remuneration: $30,000 - $32,000
Young People’s Theatre (YPT), celebrating its 54th Season in 2019/20, is Canada’s largest professional theatre for young audiences company. YPT’s artistic policy focuses on arts and education – in fact, learning is at the centre of everything we do.
YPT is currently searching for candidates to fill the full-time position of Education & Participation Communications Assistant, reporting to the Drama School Director.
- Maintain positive communications and foster relationships with external stakeholders including: parents and caregivers of Drama School students, as well as teachers and principals participating in YPT’s arts education programs.
- Perform administrative tasks associated with the Drama School and provide administrative support for YPT’s School and Community programs.
- Assist with planning and coordination of Drama School programs and events as well as School and Community workshops.
- Maintain and update databases including student registrations, account information, statistics and record keeping.
- Provide onsite support for Drama School programs and presentations (including three satellite locations), as well as at School and Community workshops.
- Exemplary communications skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent computer literacy (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to work weekends
- Comfortable performing physical activities such as lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling
- Familiarity with arts administration/not-for-profit sector an asset
- Completion of a Public Relations/Communications program an asset
In accordance with YPT’s policy and as a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to pass a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Screening Check.
Young People’s Theatre is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that strongly supports and values diversity and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment which includes accommodation. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome, and people with disabilities and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email resumes and cover letters in one file to: email@example.com
Applications for consideration must be received by Monday, January 13, 2020.
YPT thanks all applicants but will respond only to those selected for an interview.
Posted by: Young People's Theatre
For more information: http://www.youngpeoplestheatre.org