July – December 2017
Application Deadline June 5, 2017
Common Boots Theatre is seeking an emerging producer for their 2017 outdoor winter show.
This is a paid mentorship opportunity.
Common Boots Theatre (formerly Theatre Columbus) creates original works that explore the complexity of modern existence. Our collaborative work emphasizes the virtuosity of the performing artist with inventive staging and scripted stories. The space and environment for each production is unique and integral to the art — a winter evening, a proscenium, a warehouse, a black box, or the airwaves.
The producer will work with the Artistic Director, Company Manager with the logistics, marketing and production planning of the outdoor winter show in an alternative space.
Responsibilities will include:
- Taking on duties associated with community outreach & producing programming in alternate spaces
- Leading the logistical side of producing in alternate spaces (permits, relations with community agencies, follow up with community partners etc)
- Helping to implement various marketing and fundraising initiatives, including promotion at local events
- A familiarity with theatre and the contemporary performing arts generally is an asset, as is previous experience or education in related fields
This position is partly funded by a government employment grant. To be eligible for this position, applicants MUST:
- Be under 30 years of age
- be a Canadian citizen, be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Send resume and cover letter to Kate Walker, Company Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 5, 2017
Posted by: Common Boots Theatre (formerly Theatre Columbus)
For more information: http://www.commonbootstheatre.ca