This short term contract position will be approximately three days a week commence as soon as possible.
The Professional Association of Canadian Theatres is seeking an experienced equity professional to work in close collaboration with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, staff and other arts service organizations to provide programming frameworks and operational support for the effective delivery of initiatives and activities that support PACT’s Strategic Plan and the ALL IN’s goals and objectives.
PACT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports and values diversity in the workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply.
- Assist with defining, prioritizing and implementing the equity, diversity and accessibility related objectives/activities of the ALL IN project
- Implement equity, diversity and accessibility projects in collaboration with the Executive Director and identified partners in the greater theatre community, including leadership of theatre companies and regional theatre associations
- Proposing, planning, and coordinating train-the-trainer sessions with regional representatives.
- Coordinating workshops designed to address issues related to equity and cultural competence, working with facilitators to deliver workshops.
- Developing proposals and grant application working collaboratively with the Executive to Director to support ALL IN as a multi-year program.
- Identify, resource and/or create, online resources for PACT members as learning tools and training assistance to advance the theatre community’s knowledge of equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility best practices
- Develop and implement an equity, diversity, and inclusivity orientation and training plan PACT staff, Board, and other volunteers
- Generate equity-related communications (internal and external).
- 3-5 years of work as an equity activist or facilitator, ideally in an arts context
- Experience working within an organization implementing successful equity and diversity policies, principles and initiatives;
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field of study, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Up-to-date knowledge or understanding of equity and accessibility legislation and best practices;
- Able to establish high level of rapport with multiple stakeholders, utilize judgment in presenting issues and suggesting recommended courses of action;
- Significant cross-cultural awareness and understanding, as well as demonstrated experience building strong interpersonal relationships with a wide and diverse range of individuals;
- Excellent problem solver, facilitator and consensus builder;
- Clear, strong and persuasive written and oral communicator;
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, develop collaborative projects and meet deadlines;
- Strong administrative and time management skills;
- Intermediate to advanced computer efficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
The Professional Association of Canadian Theatres (PACT) is a member-driven organization of professional Canadian theatres which serves as the collective voice of its members. For the betterment of Canadian theatre, PACT provides leadership, national representation and a variety of programs and practical assistance to member companies, enabling members to do their own creative work.
We aim to be a responsive organization, cognizant of the needs of our members and the community as a whole in order to offer programs and services that benefit our community.
PACT strives to be representative of the true breadth of professional theatre in this country, and work to make sure we are an inclusive organization that provides value for all theatre companies in Canada
How to Apply:
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation in any stage of the recruitment process please contact Sara Meurling at 416-595 6455, ext 11
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by April 24, 2017 to: Sara Meurling, Executive Director via email to email@example.com
or via mail to Suite 555-215 Spadina Avenue, Toronto ON, M5T 2Ct
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for interview will be contacted.