Deadline: September 21st, 2019
Spur Of The Moment Shakespeare Collective
Shakespeare in Hospitals 2019
Position: Event Manager/Assistant Stage Manager
Position type: Entry
Term of employment: Contract (October to December)
Financial Compensation: $650 honorarium (to be paid at the end of the project) This project is also under the Artist Collective Policy with potential for more financial compensation from profit share.
Spur-of-the-Moment Shakespeare Collective is continuing their work with the Shakespeare-in-Hospitals program in 2019, combining classical text with contemporary performance to tour to hospitals and institutions of healing throughout the GTA.
We are seeking an Event Manager/ Assistant Stage Manager to aide in executing our rehearsals and public events for the 2019 season.
The successful candidate will be responsible with working with the rest of the team on our Cabaret Fundraiser and Closing Gala. Such duties will include:
1. Coordinating with management to develop event schedules
2. Oversee the move in, set up, take down and move-out of each event. This would include tracking down and organizing the materials per event with accurate documentation.
3. Volunteer coordination and management with also providing their schedules and list of duties.
4. Communicating and coordinating with venues during events
5. Developing and implementing postering strategies with the general manager
The successful candidate will also be assisting the stage manager during the rehearsal process and performances. Duties will include:
1. Assisting with rehearsals, setup/take down and other requests as needed
2. Contribute to and complete notes and reports as needed
3. Adapting and problem solving to unique performance situations and criteria
4. Attending all meetings
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on September 21st, 2019.
Posted by: Spur Of The Moment Shakespeare Collective
For more information: https://www.facebook.com/ShakeTheSpur/?view_public_for=510092935765802