Application Deadline: Apr 03, 2019
Start Date: May 01, 2019
Salary: $14.00 hourly
Region: Peel Region
Employee Benefits: Other (e.g. flex time, comp tickets, etc.)
Check Additional Info section for more Employee Benefits
Organization's Field/Discipline: The Arts
Job's focus: Creative & Administrative
Job Type: Summer Jobs
Career Level: Entry level/ intern
City of Brampton
Dynamic. Diverse. Exciting. Brampton is Canada's second fastest growing city... home to over 524,000 people from more than 175 distinct ethnic backgrounds... a place where you're invited to imagine a future of growth, opportunity and job satisfaction.
Employees of the City of Brampton are drawn by many qualities: our commitment to excellence and innovation; our dedication to outstanding customer service; a culture that values training, professional development and career advancement; our open, accountable management style; and the sense of camaraderie and teamwork that brings us together.
So are we what's next? Discover what we have to offer, and imagine your future in Brampton.
As part of the Cultural Services team, this position is responsible for providing excellence in service to all stakeholders including; rental clients, patrons and vendors in the delivery of various rental programs and performances. This role will be responsible for assisting patrons, as well as promotion of events and services with participants at City of Brampton performing arts venues and other event or program spaces.
- Provide a high level of front line customer service including greeting and engaging with patrons
- Support and contribute to setup, operation of events and performances; ensure the seamless event execution
- Under the guidance of the Front of House Manager support load in and out of patrons, scan tickets, seat patrons, and operate coat check
- Liaise with user groups and vendors
- Assist with responding to vendor, user group and public inquiries
- Assist with operation and provide information and customer service at event, program or information booth; conduct surveys, promote programs and performances
- Understand, adhere to, and apply corporate policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Maintain vigilance while on duty and be ready to execute emergency procedures
- Report all concerns, accidents and incidents to immediate supervisor for follow up
- Set-up and facilitate activities to engage patrons and program participants
- Maintain an understanding of current and upcoming events and programs
- Ensure work spaces and venues are clean and tidy, reporting issues to on-site lead
- Attend meetings and trainings as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Current Standard First Aid/ CPR-C/AED from an accredited organization
- Completion of a Criminal Record Check
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to be articulate, tactful, and have demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment managing multiple tasks effectively
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to successful complete ladder training
- Smart Serve Certification an asset
- Experience with or interest in events or promotions
- Customer service engagement and sales experience, an asset
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Exciting things are happening at the City of Brampton. Watch our Join Our Team video to hear what our employees say about working here. For insight about Brampton’s future, take a peek at what renowned urban planner Larry Beasley has to say.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
How to Apply:
Applications must be received by: April 03, 2019 via http://www.brampton.ca/EN/City-Hall/Employment/Seasonal/Pages/Arts-and-Culture.aspx