Deadline JULY 22, 2019, 5:00PM
Founded in 2010, Against the Grain Theatre (AtG)’s mandate is to exhibit fresh, daring re-interpretations of classical opera repertoire. Performing in nontraditional spaces and with scaled-back accompaniment, bringing out the full force of operatic singing in close quarters. The result? A thrilling, intimate, and unforgettable experience shared between our artists and audiences.
The Executive Director is the backbone of our organization and reports to the Artistic Director and Board. The ED has primary responsibility for the administration of the AtG office, financial and budgeting matters and in partnership with the Artistic Director in bringing amazing art to life. The position requires a proven track record in administration of performing arts organization, including experience in marketing, grant writing and fundraising. For a full list of responsibilities, please refer to the job posting on Work in Culture: https://shar.es/a0IP6t
• Strong organizational, and administrative skills, incl. budgeting and financial reporting.
• Self-directed problem solver, resourceful.
• Experience in fundraising and donor stewardship with both corporate and/or individual donors.
• Experience in grant writing and reporting, esp. Arts Councils and foundations.
• Excellent communication skills; the ability to speak and write persuasively; mature and diplomatic interpersonal skills.
• Experience in marketing, incl. website and social media.
• Strong strategic and analytical skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with the Board, staff, volunteers, donors, suppliers, and artists.
• Familiarity with non-profit and charitable governance (including compliance with CRA regulations, working with a Board of Directors).
• Experience in arts management is strongly preferred.
• Full time day-to-day office administration plus attendance during the productions and Board meetings.
• Willing to roll up your sleeves and take on anything.
APPLICATION DEADLINE – JULY 22, 2019, 5:00PM
START DATE: SEPTEMBER 1, 2019 OR PRIOR
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Interested candidates are invited to send a letter of application stating salary expectations together with a resume and list of references to Heather Legg, AtG Board Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Posted by: Against the Grain Theatre
For more information: http://againstthegraintheatre.com/