Application Deadline: March 24, 2020
Start Date: May 11, 2020
Salary: $55,000 to $60,000
Job Type: Contract – 1 year
Career Level: Executive/board member
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (MATERNITY LEAVE)
ArtsBuild Ontario (ABO) seeks an Executive Director to fill a temporary maternity leave contract. The Executive Director will lead the organization and continue its excellent work province-wide. The position will commence in early to mid May 2020. ArtsBuild Ontario’s office is located in downtown Kitchener. This position requires that the Executive Director be present in-person in the office, Monday to Friday (9am – 5pm).
Incorporated in 2006, ArtsBuild Ontario is the only organization in Ontario dedicated to realizing long-term solutions to building, managing and financing the sustainable arts facilities needed in Ontario communities. Together with industry, non-profit and government partners, ArtsBuild jointly and cost-effectively develops innovative tools, services and resources to help over 3,400 arts organizations and managers across Ontario construct and operate the facilities they need.
ArtsBuild’s organizational model is one of collaboration and partnership. By forging relationships with leading non-profit and private sector partners, ArtsBuild delivers programs for capital project planning, facilities management, sustainability and financing.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, responsibilities of the position include:
- Execute the Strategic Plan
- Follow, execute and expand upon the existing business plan
- Evaluate and explore new partnerships and programs where relevant to successfully implement the strategic plan
- Ensure the smooth operation of ArtsBuild’s existing programs, program partners and commitments
- Provide hands-on support to program staff, to successfully implement all existing programs and commitments
- Develop and execute new programming ideas as relevant and needed
44 GAUKEL CREATIVE WORKPLACE
- Lead recruitment of tenants and renters, and contribute to the strategic vision of 44 Gaukel Creative Workplace in partnership with the City of Kitchener and the Accelerator Centre
- Research, write and apply to relevant grants as needed at all levels of government
- Report to all funders, including reporting through CADAC
RELATIONSHIP BUILDING & MANAGEMENT
- Act as ArtsBuild’s spokesperson
- Meet with and explore opportunities with current and potential funders and partners
- Interaction with funders, donors, volunteers and community at large
- Continue to advocate for our constituents needs at large
- Provide professional support to the Board of Directors
- Keep the board informed of major decisions, updates and news
FISCAL AND OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Financial and administrative management of ArtsBuild including supervision of policy directives, grant and proposal preparations and reports to funders and Board
- Work with bookkeeper and accountant to ensure all fiscal responsibilities are met
- Hire, supervise and provide leadership to administrative staff, including contracting all personnel within the organization
Our successful candidate will be a go-getter, an individual excited by the opportunity to execute ArtsBuild’s core and project -based programs, and to be a part of its growth and evolution as a valued contributor to our Province’s arts community. This individual will be prepared and willing to take an active role in all aspects of the business as needed to ensure success.
The successful candidate will have:
- Capacity to continue the innovative and entrepreneurial approaches to business development
- Ability to manage ArtsBuild Ontario’s human and financial resources, programs and activities
- Experience working with public funders (municipal, provincial and federal) and applying for project funding
- Experience working with diverse communities, including Indigenous communities and people with disabilities
- Excellent written / verbal communication and presentation skills
- Skills in working with small staff, board and committees, public funders, foundations and existing and new partners and collaborators
- An appreciation of the contribution arts and culture bring to communities across the Province
HOW TO APPLY
ArtsBuild Ontario is an organization that is working to embed the values of individual and group differences within its working environment. We strive to embrace the diversity of backgrounds and perspectives of our staff, members, arts community and partners. Indigenous peoples, people of colour, and people across the spectrums of gender, sexuality, age, and abilities are encouraged to apply.
If you have questions or concerns about accessibility throughout the hiring process, please email: email@example.com.
Please email your resume with a one to two page covering letter outlining why you are the person for this position to Alex Glass, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
This is a contract position.
Application Deadline: March 24, 2020 or until the right candidate is found.