Deadline: November 15, 2019
Pacific Theatre is looking for a new Executive Director.
Interested candidates should submit a résumé and letter outlining why they would be a good fit to lead Pacific Theatre into a new era to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov 15th.
The successful candidate will commence their position in the Spring of 2020.
For over 35 years, Pacific Theatre has been creating award-winning professional theatre in Vancouver, with the following mandate: we aspire to delight, provoke and stimulate dialogue by producing theatre that rigorously explores the spiritual aspects of human experience.
Our mission is to "serve Christ in our community by creating excellent theatre with artistic, spiritual, relational and financial integrity".
The Executive Director reports to the Board and works alongside the Artistic Director to ensure the healthy and sustainable operations of the organization as they implement the strategic vision and mandate of the theatre.
The ideal candidate will be someone who can model and uphold Pacific Theatre's values of being faith-based, artist-focused, community-centred, excellence-oriented and unconventionally-minded.
- Creating and managing the annual budget (approx. $800,000)
- Hiring and supervising a staff team of 7 plus 3 apprentices
- Writing annual operating grant and project grant applications in conjunction with the Artistic Director and the Director of Development.
- Assist the Director of Development to create and execute annual Development strategy. Assist with donor management.
- Represent the theatre at Pacific Theatre events and other industry events
- Liaise with Board Chair regarding Strategic Planning and Board initiatives, including possible venue transition and related capital campaign.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Experience or education in arts management an asset.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, including relationship building.
- Creative thinking and problem solving.
- Able to meet deadlines and be intrinsically motivated.
- Interested in contributing to and being a member of an integrated team.
- Familiarity with Mac OSX, Theatre Manager, Quickbooks Online, and Microsoft Office an asset.
Posted by: Pacific Theatre
For more information: http://www.pacifictheatre.org