An international classical music festival and academy now entering its fourteenth season, Toronto Summer Music (TSM) Festival brings world-renowned performing artists to Toronto for an unparalleled combination of concerts and other related programs and events.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors through the Chair, and works closely with the TSM Artistic Director in preparation and administration of the annual Summer Festival, the centre-piece of the organization.
He/she has primary responsibility for the administration of the TSM office, including staffing, financial and budgeting matters and arranging logistical details of the Festival. Other duties include working closely with the Board in fundraising and enhancing donor relations.
The Executive Director is also responsible for the administration of the TSM Academy, including the Art of Song Program, Chamber Music Institute and the new TSM Community Academy.
The position requires a proven track record in administration of performing arts organization, including experience in marketing and fund-raising, particularly use of social media for this purpose.
- Administer day-to-day functions of the TSM office and supervise and direct administrative and volunteer staff, including related HR responsibilities
lead the TSM marketing team, work with media experts and publicists to ensure a high profile for TSM and build attendance at concerts
- Prepare applications to government agencies and foundations for support of specific initiatives
- Engage in fundraising activities, including TSM mid-year and summer gala events
- Attend regular (often monthly) Board meetings; correspond with patrons and supporters of TSM programs to ensure ongoing close connections with the Foundation
- Collaborate with the Artistic Director in organizing all administrative aspects of the annual festival
- Arrange performance venues and facilities for coaches/faculty/resident ensembles
- Arrange and administer travel, housing and performance venues and schedules for Festival performers, Student Academy and Community Academy participants.
- strong organizational, administrative and marketing skills
- long-term vision in keeping with the TSM Strategic Plan
- ability to direct TSM staff and work collaboratively with volunteers, donors, suppliers, and artists
- full time day-to-day office administration plus attendance during the Festival period
APPLICATION DEADLINE – 25 SEPTEMBER 2018 AT 5:00 PM
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
EMAIL COVER LETTER & RESUME IN ONE PDF FILE TO:
Lawrence L. Herman
Chair, Toronto Summer Music Foundation Board email@example.com
Posted by: Toronto Summer Music
For more information: http://www.torontosummermusic.com/