Deadline: January 31, 2020
fu-GEN Theatre Company is offering a five-month Administrative Intern position beginning in February 2020. This opportunity is ideal for a recent graduate with a passion for theatre who wants to build a diverse skill set in arts administration through mentorship with Canada's foremost Asian Canadian theatre company. This position offers a valuable training opportunity in a not-for-profit model.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Administrator and the Artistic Director and assist with many aspects of implementing the company's activities including development workshops, special events, and fundraisers.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
• Organizing and maintaining company archives
• Networking and liaising with various community partners
• Assistance with marketing and fundraising initiatives
• Attending fu-GEN events and acting as an ambassador for the company
• Support staff for fu-GEN events
• Managing volunteers for various events
• General office duties as assigned
The successful candidate possesses excellent written and oral communication skills; initiative; strong organizational skills; computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel); and is resourceful. A background in the arts is an asset.
This is a full-time position (from February to June 2020 – with the possibility for extension), at $15/hour, approximately 30-35 hours per week on average. Hours per week may adjust according to the level of activity.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by January 31, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected candidates will be interviewed beginning in February.