House + Body is looking to hire a FOH Representative and a Production Assistant for their Playwrights Initiative Presentation happening this weekend (May 26th) at Artscape Youngplace.
Each individual will receive an honorarium and dinner will be provided on the day of the event. They will also get the chance to see the staged reading (although they may be required to assist with the presentation).
The ideal candidate will have experience either volunteering or working in a Box Office or Front of House position. This individual will report to the Artistic Producer.
Tasks will include:
- Helping to set up and tear down the lobby display for the event.
- Checking the guest list and attendee list from Brown Paper Tickets as attendees arrive.
- Receiving payment from attendees who are paying at the door (cash only, Pay-What-You-Can-Afford pricing model).
- Handing out programs for the event.
- Facilitating late entry to the space and assisting with seating requests from attendees.
This individual will need to be available to attend tech rehearsal on Fri. May 25 from 7:00-11:00pm, as well as being present on the day of the event (Sat. May 26) from 4:00-11:00pm. Dinner will be provided on the day of the event.
The ideal candidate will have experience working or volunteering in a Stage Management or Production Management position. This individual will report to the Stage Manager.
Tasks will include:
- Helping with the set up and tear down of the event, including some set, audio, and lighting elements.
- Providing assistance to the Stage Manager with any production-related tasks that need to be completed during the presentation.
- Assisting with distributing chairs for seating at the beginning of the event.
This individual will need to attend tech rehearsal on Fri. May 25 from 7:00-11:00pm, as well as being present on the day of the event (Sat. May 26) from 2:00-11:00pm. Dinner will be provided on the day of the event.
If interested in either position, please email email@example.com with your name and the position in the subject line. Feel free to attach a resume, or simply write a short note about your experience. The deadline to apply is Wed. May 23 @ 11:59pm.
Posted by: House + Body
For more information: http://www.houseandbody.org