Reporting to the General Manager of Food & Beverage this position includes the following duties and responsibilities:
Successful Applicants will be able to:
• Set up and maintain all stock items related to food and beverage at each stand
• Take orders from patrons including food, soft drinks, beer and wine
• Ring orders into register, collect payment and make change
• Verify legal age of patrons when required
• Practice safe serving techniques and inform supervisor of any action that is necessary
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
This position works a varied schedule including weekdays, weekday evenings and weekends. Candidates must have a flexible schedule and be available to work any of the above. Weekday matinee shifts are mandatory.
Successful applicants must also have the following:
• Smart Serve Certified
• Legal age to serve alcohol in Ontario
• Minimum 2-3 years experience in a comparable food and beverage environment (including cash-handling and serving alcohol)
• Must possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money
• Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for entire shift
• Must be able to frequently lift and carry food and other items weighing up to 45 pounds and occasionally greater
• Ability to understand and follow directions from a supervisor
• Self-motivated and team player
• Displays high initiative and requires minimal supervision
• Well groomed, mannerly, co-operative and outwardly friendly (team-oriented)
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume for confidential consideration to email@example.com. Please include ‘Food & Beverage Concession Attendant Position' in the subject line.
No phone calls please. The Sony Centre thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted by: Sony Centre for the Arts
For more information: http://www.sonycentre.ca