YPT is currently searching for a candidate to fill the full-time position of Front of House (FOH) Manager.
This person will manage FOH and, in conjunction with the Education & Participation and Sales & Marketing departments, develop customer service policy and educational engagement related to pre- and post-show events. This is a full-time, year-round position. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
• Working in tandem with the Education & Participation Department, developing simple learning opportunities and displays to engage young audience members in the theatre experience from the first moment of their arrival at YPT’s facility.
• FOH management of both school and public audiences.
• Management of part-time staff including scheduling, training and payroll management.
• Preparation and communication of all FOH daily issues and reports.
• Event coordination planning and implementation.
• Management of concession and merchandise sales and inventory.
• Key management of specific areas of the YPT facility.
• Implementing and monitoring health and safety measures, building security and emergency procedures.
• Ensuring FOH staff is up-to-date on all legislated training.
• Providing FOH management for Spring and Summer Drama Camp presentations.
• Organized, efficient, detail-oriented and creative team player.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong leadership skills.
• At least 5 years previous experience in FOH.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office.
• Experience working with young people or with educational programs within an arts setting is an asset. Interest in arts education is a necessity.
In accordance with YPT’s policy, as a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to pass a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Screening Check. Young People’s Theatre is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that strongly supports and values diversity and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment which includes accommodation. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome, and people with disabilities and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email resumes and cover letters in one file to:
Subject line: Front of House Manager
Applications for consideration must be received by 5:00 pm, Monday, July 24, 2017.
Posted by: Young People's Theatre
For more information: http://www.youngpeoplestheatre.ca/