Reminder: Native Earth Performing Arts is currently seeking applications for the full-time position of Associate Producer.
Deadline to submit: Sunday November 27th, 2016
The new Associate Producer, will employ their time assisting in the artistic production of Native Earth Performing Arts’ mandate. The successful candidate will strengthen the Indigenous cultural sector by playing an integral role in the development of new work within our equity-seeking community through accomplishing these tasks:
• Supervise submissions, communications, scheduling, contracting and overall execution of our annual Weesageechak Begins to Dance festival.
• Oversee the new Mskomini Giizis Residency funded by the Metcalf Foundation, the OAC’s Theatre Creators’ Reserve recommendations, and other artistic opportunities, as needed.
• Coordinate the Animikiig Training Program, led by the Animikiig Program Director.
• Assist in tour coordination as required.
• Manage submissions of scripts, proposals, resumes, headshots and other artistic material.
• Engage in a consulting capacity and as support for the artistic team.
• Contribute to and lead private and public grant and sponsorship applications.
• Support the marketing team in promotion and publicity.
• Represent the company at community and professional events, including opening nights, events in Aki Studio and at Daniels Spectrum.
• Maintain and create relationships with sister companies and organizations in Regent Park and beyond.
• A minimum of an undergraduate degree or any specialization within theatre.
• 3 or more years experience as a professional artist, producer or administrator.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience with grant writing and fundraising.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the ITA or the CTA is an asset.
• Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and intermediate math.
• Self-motivated with an excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in fast-paced environments.
For more information about this position, including how to apply visit our website.
Posted by: Native Earth Performing Arts
For more information: http://www.nativeearth.ca/jobs