MENTOR: Roxanne Deans, Marketing and Development Manager
This position will support Nightwood Theatre’s annual fundraiser, The Lawyer Show, the Toronto’s legal event of the year. The funds from this event allow Nightwood to continue to produce high-quality theatre as well as their additional charitable activities and advocacy work. The chosen applicant for this intern position will develop a thorough understanding of many aspects of theatre administration and production, with support and guidance from highly-experience professionals.
- February 17 – May 30
- 1 - 2 days per week
- Strong communication skills a must (phone, email, etc)
- Online research abilities
- Proficiency in Excel & Word – graphic design skills a bonus
- Solicit silent auction donations
- Develop promotional materials for all silent auction items
- Track and monitor communications with business owners
- Administer silent auction at high-profile fundraising event – set up, oversight, assist audience members and donors
- Coordinate distribution of auction items to highest bidders
- The opportunity to work alongside theatre professionals to develop a thorough understanding of theatre marketing, outreach, fundraising, and solicitation
- The Marketing Intern will gain many transferable skills which can be applied to any field within the arts
- Letter of Reference will be provided at the end of the Internship
Send a cover letter, stating your interest in this internship, as well as your resume to:
Beth Brown, Managing Director
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 6, 2015. APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRIORITIZED IN THE ORDER THEY ARE RECEIVED, SO YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Please put FUNDRAISING INTERN and (YOUR NAME) in the subject line.
Please note, that while Nightwood recognizes the importance of a diverse workforce our mandate is to train and mentor young women.