Magnus Theatre, the professional theatre company of Northwestern Ontario is seeking a dedicated and energetic individual for the full-time position of General Manager.
Magnus Theatre is a member of The Professional Association of Canadian Theatres (PACT), located in Thunder Bay and is committed to creating dynamic, live theatre that addresses the unique needs of our evolving community and region. The General Manager reports directly to the volunteer Board of Directors, is responsible for the administrative leadership of Magnus, and works as a member of the management team with the Artistic Director. For a complete Job Posting and Position Description, please visit the Magnus Theatre website at www.magnustheatre.com.
• Post Secondary education in a related field: Arts Administration, Business, Communications, Marketing or similar field of study (significant experience may be considered equivalent)
• Minimum 3-5 years in a management role, specifically in an arts organization and/or not-for-profit
• Familiar with policies and best practices for not-for-profits
• Demonstrated experience in financial management.
• Well organized and detail oriented
• Clear communication skills
Interested candidates are invited to apply in confidence with a comprehensive cover letter and resume by 5:00 p.m. on December 1, 2017 to:
General Manager Search Committee
10 Algoma Street South
Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7B 3A7
or by email to
Subject line: GM Search Committee.
Magnus Theatre is the professional theatre of Northwestern Ontario. It operates form an intimate 250 seat, recently built, state of the art theatre located in Thunder Bay, Ontario. The company’s four core areas of activity include a six-play mainstage season, a Theatre in Education program that includes a TYA tour of the region, an adult regional tour, and new play development activities. The mainstage season runs from September to May.
Posted by: Magnus Theatre Company Northwest
For more information: http://magnustheatre.com