Hours/Rate: Compensation package under revue & 35 hours per week
(Possibility of extra hours when needed, agreed upon by CONTRACTOR and ARTISTIC DIRECTOR)
Application Deadline: Monday, September 19th 2016
Contract Period: Sept.26th 2016 - Sept.29th 2017
Mixed Company Theatre, a Toronto based Theatre Company specializing in Forum Theatre has been in operation for 32 years producing, performing and touring productions, animations and forum theatre workshops to Educational, Workplace and Community markets.
MCT is seeking a General Manager to guide Mixed Company Theatre’s Administrative Programming, Board Participation, Fiscal Management, and Fund/Grant Development. Reporting to the Artistic Director and liaising with MCT’s Board of Directors, the General Manager manages the day-to-day operations of the company ensuring that projects and programs are delivered according to plan.
• Post Secondary Education or Equivalent
• Business Degree, Arts Administration Degree or Equivalent work experience
• Knowledge/Experience in Not for Profit Sector preferred
• 3-5 years experience in a Management position
• Experience with Fundraising and Grant Writing Processes
• Schedules and prepares all materials for Board meetings
• Ensures appropriate follow up and execution on all Board decisions.
• Creates MCT’s annual budget, project budgets, monitors tour budget/spend, and other company projects, events and activities as required.
• Prepares and manages Company Cash Flow.
• Liaisons with Board appointed bookkeeper and accounting firm to completing monthly and annual audit activities.
• Prepares all CRA Payroll and HST remittances according to monthly, quarterly and annual tax filing schedules - in association with Board appointed accounting firm.
• Tracks Receivables, Payables and all banking transactions
• Prepares Company Payroll and issues all invoices and cheques.
• Responsible for Company banking – deposits, monitoring accounts, liaising with Bank contacts.
Fund / Grant Development:
• Develops and executes Company Grant Plan tying it to Company Strategy and Artistic Program Plan.
• Establishes / Initiates meetings with funding contacts, partners, sponsors and supporters
• Prepares Grant applications and reports
Resume & Cover Letter to Simon Malbogat (Artistic Director) firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by: Mixed Company Theatre
For more information: http://www.mixedcompanytheatre.com/