Reporting to the Board of Directors, the General Manager is responsible for managing the company’s finances and accountable for ensuring that all the operational aspects of fundraising, marketing, outreach and development align with the artistic vision, and serve the company’s creation, production and touring mandate.
The General Manager will, along with the Artistic Director, be identified as the “public face” of the Company and foster a culture of openness and collaboration in pursuit of artistic excellence.
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Company using best practices and managing systems and procedures to ensure success.
• Lead the financial management of the Company.
• Through regular communication with the Artistic Director, provide the necessary input to develop and set in motion the long-term artistic plan.
• Create, implement, and monitor annual budgets and cash flow statements including production and touring budgets.
• Oversee the annual audit process.
• Hire and manage all staff required to execute the artistic and business plans.
• Cultivate local, national, and international development, commissioning, producing and presenting partnerships.
• Manage all fundraising activities including public, private, and foundation.
• Prepare agendas and materials for Board meetings.
• Manage the Production process, overseeing the process from budget to realization.
• Lead the co-production negotiation and contracting process.
• Minimum five years’ leadership experience in a professional theatre setting.
• Strength in leadership, vision, and team-building with strong interpersonal skills, integrity, and high energy.
• In-depth skills in operating procedures for accounting, financial reporting, and budgeting.
• Extensive experience in theatre production.
• An in-depth awareness of theatre activity, both local and national.
• Extensive knowledge of professional, not-for-profit theatre practice in Canada.
• An ability to translate artistic needs and values into institutional strategies and specific operating plans.
• Extensive and current knowledge of the national and international arts touring ecology.
• Experience in working with and engaging a Board of Directors.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter, résumé and three letters of reference to: firstname.lastname@example.org by October 6th, 2017.
Posted by: Necessary Angel Theatre Company
For more information: http://www.necessaryangel.com/