Red Sky Performance is seeking a full-time General Manager for a one-year term, with the possibility of extension.
The role of General Manager is responsible for the management of Red Sky Performance’s operational plan which incorporates objectives and targets for programs, planning and logistics, national and international touring, revenue generation, grant writing, proposals and negotiations, administrative and personnel contracts, budgeting and reporting. Working with the staff and the Board of Directors to prepare a comprehensive Annual Business Plan, ancillary budget and supporting process, and overseeing sound financial management and governance in conjunction with the Board of Directors. This position will enable the General Manager to develop new skills and extend his or her knowledge of Indigenous arts and culture within Canada’s leading First Nations’ organization.
Skills and Qualifications
• At least five years relevant professional work experience
• University or college degree in areas such as humanities, arts administration, business management, creative industries, cultural sector and/or not-for-profit sector
• Demonstrated skills and expertise in business and arts administration in areas such as operations, finance, governance, human resources, fundraising, public affairs
• High level of professionalism and ability to interface with senior-level professionals
• Ability to interact with multiple and diverse individuals and groups
• Excellent communication, analytical and motivational skills
• Experience with strategic planning, goal and target setting
• Strong organizational skills and demonstrated attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and to manage a number of projects in a deadline driven environment
• Must show initiative and drive in completing projects and achieving results
• Knowledge of the Indigenous arts community and cultures a strong asset
• Demonstrated research abilities and expertise in maintaining paper and database files
• Solid computer skills specifically with Word, Excel
• Commitment to work scheduled business hours as well as after hours as required
We encourage candidates of Indigenous ancestry to apply.
Salary $50-$65,000 commensurate with experience
Email a cover letter and CV to Executive & Artistic Director Sandra Laronde at Sandra@redskyperformance.com
Closing February 8, 2018
Red Sky’s vision "To create inspiring experiences of contemporary Indigenous arts and culture’.
Posted by: Red Sky Performance
For more information: http://www.redskyperformance.com