Theatre of the Beat seeks a part-time (15 hours a week/$17.50) General Manager for the overall operations of the organization.
The General Manager is a vital member of the team and provides central coordination for a company that creates, produces, and tours original works. Established in 2011, Theatre of the Beat is a registered charity that creates original theatre meant to challenge and inspire audiences on a wide range of socially-relevant topics.
Under the leadership of the Artistic Director, and in collaboration with the Production Manager, Communications Manager, the Board, and our Company of actors, the successful candidate will be responsible for financial, operational, organizational, and fund development activity. Specific duties include:
• Prepare, monitor, and revise the operating budget with assistance from the Treasurer
• Prepare and collect on incoming and outgoing invoices
• Oversee the scheduling and budgeting for tours
• Prepare contracts for self-employed contractors, tours, and other needs
• Negotiate and manage show bookings and necessary equipment or rehearsal/theatre space rentals
• With the Board of Directors, plan and implement fundraising efforts
• Identify, research and apply for grants/funding opportunities
• Ensure proper stewardship of donors and sponsors, manage donor database
• Send charitable receipts and thank you letters upon receipt of donations
• Work in an administrative capacity with the Artistic Director to explore ways to further
the company’s growing vision
• Schedule meetings and deadlines
• Act as an example of Theatre of the Beat through all communications with venues,
contractors, employees, and churches
• Be aligned with the vision, goals, and mission of Theatre of the Beat
• Be self-motivated and a strong team player
• Have extraordinary organizational and interpersonal skills
• Have experience in fundraising and event planning
• Have broad computer skills including: Microsoft Office or equivalent, and basic
knowledge of Quickbooks
• Be a strong communicator
• A background in theatre admin an asset.
• Expected to work flexible hours.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by February 9. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted by: Theatre of the Beat
For more information: http://theatreofthebeat.ca/