This position will remain open until filled
Theatre Gargantua seeks a General Manager to partner with the artistic leadership to fulfill the artistic vision of the company. This is an exciting opportunity for a proactive, dynamic arts professional to work with one of Canada’s leading multi-disciplinary companies, embarking on a new stage in its evolution.
This is a full time salaried position. Compensation commensurate with experience.
About Theatre Gargantua
Theatre Gargantua is one of Canada’s leading multi-disciplinary theatre companies. For details about Gargantua Click Here
• manage financial and human resources, contract artistic and admin personnel
• manage the company’s financial affairs (production, project and general budgets) and work with our part-time bookkeeper
• collaborate with other theatre companies to deliver an ambitious new project
• identify funding opportunities, prepare grant applications and manage the relationship with individual, government, and corporate donors
• represent the company within the arts community, by attending conferences, community events, and performances
• direct all marketing, including content creation for our website and social media, for events and productions
• produce all Mainstage and SideStream productions
• attend and report at board and committee meetings and record and distribute minutes
• degree in a relevant area, or equivalent experience
• at least three years of professional theatre producing and/or management experience
• excellent project and staff management skills
• exceptional grant writing skills with proven results
• comprehensive experience with office applications, accounting software, CRM software, & social media platforms
• fluent in written and spoken English
Other Requirements & Qualifications Click Here
Submission deadline: This position will remain open until filled. The committee will review applications as they arrive.
Please email your cover letter and resume in one pdf file that uses your name as its file name: Firstname Surname.pdf. Email it to our Board President, David McOuat, email@example.com.
All applications confidential. We believe in equity and inclusion and strongly encourage submissions from all qualified individuals.
Posted by: Theatre Gargantua
For more information: http://theatregargantua.ca