Request for Proposals
Issued: Monday, December 18, 2017
Deadline: ASAP / Wednesday, December 27, 2017
Start date: ASAP/ Tuesday, January 2, 2018
Ontarians for the Arts is a provincial non-partisan movement intended to promote the benefits of the arts in every city, community and reserve. A steering committee has been working hard to get this movement off the ground since October and we are seeking creative communications professionals to help support this work. We are issuing this RFP in search of a Graphic Designer who may share a passion for the arts, culture and the importance of creativity in our lives and our work.
Reporting to the Director of Communications (DoC), the Graphic Designer will:
- Work with Ontarians for the Arts to develop a brand/identity for general use across all platforms (including website, social media, traditional media, etc.)
- Develop letterhead and electronic templates, poster/postcard design, newsletter and media release template, adjustable jpeg template for use in electronic communications, etc.
- Ensure the delivery of versions in English and French, supported by the DoC, to ensure accurate and consistent use of both official languages.
- Attend all campaign development meetings in December/January, as well as mid (February) and final (June) campaign evaluation meetings; contributes to planning and evaluation reports (i.e. metrics, collateral, perspective).
- Other duties as required.
Key activities over the next 6 months include:
- Strategic Communications & Messaging / Stakeholder Relations / PR
- Marketing, Media Relations, Social Media campaigns
- Arts Days Across Ontario: Meetings with provincial incumbents and candidates
General public; Politicians & Government officials; Arts supporters; Artists and Arts managers
Term: 6 months, front-loaded
Budget: $1,500 to 2,000 (CAD), HST included
Please quote “OftA_RFP-GD” in the subject line when providing a proposal for consideration and include 3 to 5 demonstrations of your talent. Submissions can be sent to Hamal.Docter@gmail.com by December 27, 2017 / ASAP. Applicants from diverse backgrounds and under-represented populations are strongly encouraged to apply.