This position is a maternity leave contract commencing February 2017 for a one year term
About The Second City
As the world’s premier improvisational and sketch comedy theatre, The Second City has been delighting audiences and producing award-winning entertainment for more than 50 years. The list of alumni that have emerged from our stages and training centres is a staggering who’s-who of North America’s entertainment legends. Today, Second City’s Toronto theatre is buzzing with more than 400 performances and 100,000 patrons each year. The Second City theatre has a history of providing highest quality entertainment options for all group segments.
About this Position
The Group Sales & Events Manager is a 1 year contract position reporting to the Director of Sales. The Second City is seeking a hardworking, motivated and skilled individual with a passion for Sales. Our ideal candidate will be a flexible individual who is highly detail oriented and sales- driven. This individual will be looking to work in a fast-paced, exciting and challenging environment with excellent potential for growth. The position requires the candidate to be flexible in terms of working hours as business demands often change at last minute. This role is generally business hours (9am-5pm Monday through Friday) however some early morning, evening and weekend work may be required.
The administrative offices consist of a very small team of goal-oriented and deadline-driven individuals with a work until the job is done approach. The selected individual will be expected to recognize potential group sales opportunities, aggressively seek new potential group business as well as maintain productive long term relationships with inbound and existing group business.
- Minimum 3 years experience in hospitality related Sales & Events is required with no exceptions
- Proven strength in Sales, Communication & Customer Service is essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced word and excel computer skills
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience with ticketing and CRM systems are considered an asset
- Ensure quick and efficient responses are offered to all in-coming group sales inquiries, prepare proposals, conduct timely follow-ups and close sales
- Prospect potential new clients, conduct cold calls, attend networking events, conferences and tradeshows consistently building new relationships.
- Maintain current group sales marketing materials and assist to create an effective marketing schedule focused on various group sales segments.
- Maintain Salesforce database to solidify relationships with current client base and maximize repeat business
- Conduct site inspections and attend client meetings to discuss event set-up, food & beverage options, AV requirements and event flow for efficient event execution
- Coordinate event details with client and prepare event function sheets to communicate with all other departments required for smooth execution of function
- First point of contact for clients upon arrival and ensure the highest customer service is maintained throughout event
- Prepare contracts and invoices, tracking deposits and final payments
Compensations and Benefits
- Salary and bonus structure based on experience
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick days
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Group Sales & Events Manager” in subject line. No Phone Calls Please.