Hart House Theatre is now accepting general submissions for the following capacities in its 2017/2018 Season and beyond:
• Lighting Design
• Set Design
• Sound Design
• Video Design
• Costume Design
• Stage Management
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS:
Thursday, August 31, 2017 - early submissions are encouraged.
Hart House Theatre offers a competitive honorarium to contracted stage managers and/or designers.
Candidates should have some working experience in theatre, and have attended some sort of post-secondary institute for study in their field/discipline. Successful candidates will be contacted directly to arrange for interviews.
Please send resumes, letters of intent and online portfolios to Hart House Theatre’s Technical Director, Brian Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates of all ethnic, cultural, sexual and gender identities are strongly encouraged to submit.
REQUIREMENTS FOR DESIGNERS:
• Must have a portfolio or examples of their work
• Set and Lighting Designers must use some sort of computer aided design software (AutoCAD, Vectorworks, WYSIWYG, Sketchup, etc.)
• Will be asked to generate all relevant paperwork, be available for load in/set up and to source relevant materials (audio files, fabrics, furniture, video files, etc.)
• Bonuses: Audio/Video Designers - Q-Lab Programming, Lighting Designers - ETC Ion knowledge, Set Designers - Construction drawing creation.
REQUIREMENTS FOR STAGE MANAGERS:
• Must be available for all rehearsals or make suitable arrangements
• Will be asked to train ASMs
• Will be asked to work with and update Google Calendars, maintain all scripts, keep minutes at production meetings, take and disseminate rehearsal notes and show reports.
• Bonus: Ability to read music and call from a score
ABOUT THE THEATRE:
Established in 1919, Hart House Theatre is the University of Toronto's Performing Arts Leader. Since its inception, the theatre's unique mix of young professionals, alumni and students has garnered the theatre a reputation as a cultural destination for not only the community of U of T but also the city of Toronto.
Posted by: Hart House Theatre
For more information: http://harthouse.ca/get-involved-in-theatre/#jobpostings